Joint Order No. 16/2020 of the Rector and the Chancellor on the provisions of postings, inbound travels, and international mobilities with a view to the epidemiological situation.
With a view to Govt. Decree 283/2020 (17 June) on introducing a state of epidemiological preparedness, Act LVIII of 2020 and the Govt. Decrees upheld and adopted on its basis, and Govt. Decree 408/2020 (30 August) (hereinafter: GD 408/2020), as an amendment to the university regulation on national and international travels in connection with the university’s activities (hereinafter: Travel Code), and to outline the rules on outgoing and incoming international mobilities we hereby adopt this regulation pursuant to Article 2 (2) of Joint Order No. 4/2020 on the special provisions on the actions of the university as an employer during the coronavirus pandemic.
Article 1 (1) The personal scope of the regulation shall cover the public servants and other employees of the University of Pécs (hereinafter: university) and the public and vocational schools it manages (hereinafter collectively: employees). The personal scope also covers those individuals who are eligible to exercise the rights of the employer pursuant to Joint Order No. 7/2018 of the Rector and the Chancellor (hereinafter: employer). The personal scope of the regulation also covers the sending institutions’ planned incoming participants of international staff mobility (faculty, researchers, administrative staff).
(2) The material scope of the regulation shall cover international academic or business travels, international travels funded by tender funds, incoming travels from abroad, incoming and outgoing international mobilities, and the measures related to these travels.
Article 2 For the purpose of this regulation:
a) International academic or business travel: Work (including research and exchange programs) instructed by the employer at a venue other than which is in the appointment of the employee, if that venue is abroad.
b) International travel financed by tender funds: International travel that is not considered work (academic, exchange programs, etc.) which is financed by a tender that sets forth the terms and conditions of account with the funds.
c) Incoming travel from abroad (inbound travel): Inbound travels (partly or fully financed by the university) of a foreign lecturer, instructor, or researcher who is not a contracted agent of the university.
d) International mobility programs (mobility): incoming and outgoing staff mobilities (teaching, research, staff) under EGULATION (EU) No 1288/2013 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 11 December 2013 establishing 'Erasmus+': the Union programme for education, training, youth and sport and repealing Decisions No 1719/2006/EC, No 1720/2006/EC and No 1298/2008/EC.
Article 3 (1) Before allowing an international academic or business travel or an inbound travel and during participation in mobilities, legal restrictions, university regulations and procedures, official quarantine, official testing provisions, and other relevant risks shall be taken into account.
(2) Participation in mobilities shall not jeopardize the academic or other obligations of the participating lecturers, researchers, and staff at the university.
Special provisions on international academic or business travels, international travels financed by tender funds (hereinafter collectively: postings), and incoming and outgoing mobilitites during the state of the epidemiological preparedness
Allowing postings, outgoing travels of mobility participants
Article 4 (1) as a general rule, no postings shall be initiated or allowed until further notice.
(2) Under special circumstances (e.g. participation in life-saving operation abroad), he rector may give an exemption from the prohibition of paragraph (1) under Article 5.
(3) Until further notice, the University will not support travel for mobilities with a duration of less than 3 months.
Article 5 (1) The employer (at their own discretion) may submit the reasoned posting request of the employee it to the rector with that the employer must undertake to cover the costs of the posting from the respective unit’s budget.
(2) If the respective employer is the rector, then the head of the unit where the employee is working must also consent to the posting in writing. The respective head of the unit must undertake in his consent statement to cover the costs of the posting from the respective unit’s budget.
(3) The statements outlined in paragraphs (1) and (2) shall be made in two counterparts, one of which is kept by the employer (the chief/director of the dean’s office at the Faculties) and the other by the Travel Division of the Grant Coordination Department, Grant Management and Innovation Directorate (hereinafter: Travel Division). The Travel Division shall keep the statements annexed to the travel documentation.
Article 6 In light of the fluctuant epidemic situation, the employee must check the relevant laws, regulations and policies in effect at the time of the travel of both Hungary and that of the target country prior to traveling.
Provisions on inbound travels
Allowing inbound travels, incoming mobilities
Article 7 (1) As a general rule, no inbound travels shall be received at the university until further notice. Under special circumstances, inbound travels may be received in line with GD 408/2020 as outlined in Article 8.
(2) Until further notice, the University will not support incoming mobilities with a duration of less than 3 months.
Article 8 (1) In light of the fluctuant epidemic situation, the receiving unit must check the relevant laws, regulations and policies in effect at the time of the travel.
(2) Inbound travels may be allowed in writing by the employer of the receiving employee with that the employer must undertake to cover the extra costs of the inbound travel from the respective unit’s budget.
(3) If the respective employer is the rector, then the head of the unit where the employee is working must also consent to the posting. The respective head of the unit must undertake in his consent statement to cover the costs of the inbound travel from the respective unit’s budget.
(4) The statements outlined in paragraphs (2) and (2) shall be made in two counterparts, one of which is kept by the employer (the chief/director of the dean’s office at the Faculties) and the other by the Travel Division. The Travel Division shall keep the statements annexed to the travel documentation.
Provisions on booking
Article 9 (1) The Travel Division should make bookings for both outbound and inbound travels that can be cancelled, if possible.
(2) The Travel Division makes the booking as close as possible to the actual date of travel.
(3) The Travel Division may cancel the bookings in consideration of the current epidemic situation.
Closing provisions and entry into force
Article 10 (1) This regulation enters into force on 14 September 2020.
(2) With entry into force of this regulation, Joint Order No. 12/2020 shall lose effect.
Pécs, 11 September 2020
Dr Attila Miseta Tamás Bogár
Rector appointed leader for chancellor’s assignments
Disclaimer: Please note that this document is solely a translation of the official Hungarian text. In case of any doubt, the Hungarian text has authority.