Today the Tempus Public Foundation announced the new Call for Application for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program! Students from about 60 countries can apply for this unique opportunity until 15th of January 2019.
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government as part of the government policy called “Eastern and Southern Opening”. The scholarship program is managed by Tempus Public Foundation.
The core mission of the program is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students.
Applicants must apply through the online application system of Tempus Public Foundation and choose their selected study program at the University of Pécs as their first priority! It is also required for applicants to receive their home country’s partner institution’s nomination, otherwise their application will not be considered. For this all applications shall also be submitted to the responsible authority of the Sending Partner.
Within the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program students receive:
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee.
- Monthly stipend:
- non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly HUF 40 460 contribution to the living expenses, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies,
- doctoral level: monthly HUF 140 000 for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies.
- Accommodation: dormitory placement OR a monthly contribution of HUF 40 000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period. The University of Pécs provides dormitory placement for all of our first year scholarship holder students.
- Medical insurance: health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca EUR 205) a year/person
If you would like to know more about the Stipendium Hungaricum Program in general click HERE
Do you have questions? Contact us!