What documents do I need to have while I am staying in Hungary?

1. Residence Permit
After you arrive in Pécs, you can arrange your registration card (EEA) or residence permit (non-EEA) at the regional directorate of the National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing (in Hungarian: Idegenrendészeti Főigazgatóság, abbreviated as NDGAP).
More information

2. Student card
Exchange and International students are provided with a student ID card with which they can have the same advantages as Hungarian students; e.g. reduced fares for all public transport, reduced-price entrance tickets for museums, Youth Hostel accommodation and library membership, sport facilities for free of charge.
More information

3. Health insurance
First aid and emergency medical care are free for foreigners, in other cases you have to pay for the treatment. A full coverage general health insurance for Hungary is a prerequisite for registration at any Faculty of the University of Pécs.
EEA, Swiss, and UK citizens are insured on the basis of the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) when they are in another member state and are, from the point of view of social security, entitled to the same rights and have the same obligations as citizens of that given member state. The EHIC only covers the 'medically necessary' services (e.g.: dialysis treatment, oxygen therapy), but does not authorize the use of deferred care.
More information