MSc in Geography
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Application requirements
- Examples of subjects during the studies
- More information
Master of Science in Geography
2 years (4 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: EUR 4,000/sem.
Application fee: EUR 140
During this 4-semester Master degree program, our students will focus on GIS methods and remote sensing tool applied in surface geomorphology both in a classroom environment and in the field. They will have the opportunity to join in and participate in research and scientific projects run by IGES. The Institute has research collaborations with global companies like ESA and SARMap, and international relations with research groups from Switzerland, Poland, Spain, Slovenia, China and the US. These projects may provide internships for our students to experience the international atmosphere and scientific skills and knowledge.
The master program provides a broad spectrum of geography and related disciplines and combines environmental geography, geomorphology and GIS for all international students. The program also includes a six-week professional practice at self-selected private and public businesses and companies, however, the practice is also available at the university and at the IGES. By completing the professional practice, the student will gain a broad range of practical and project management skills and knowledge to explain, analyse, interpret and execute various planning programs.
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button, and start your application.
- Register on our application site, fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Medical certificate, vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B) and HIV test
- The payment receipt of the application fee
- Official copy of the language exam certificate