MSc in Chemistry
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Application requirements
- More information
Master of Science in Chemistry
2 years (4 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: EUR 4,000/sem.
Application fee: EUR 140
Chemistry Master of Science (MSc) studies can be joined at the Faculty of Science of University of Pécs. The courses are open from September, each year, and are continued during a 4-semester cycle. The education is followed in English. The students who have studied chemistry, biochemistry, physics, and pharmacy in undergraduate level (BSc) will complete their knowledge at Master of Science level. The subjects of the Chemistry MSc studies include Advanced mathematics, Solid phase physics, Molecular biology, Coordination chemistry, Elemental organic chemistry, Advanced physical chemistry, Instrumental analysis, Theoretical chemistry, Organic chemistry of natural compounds, Surface chemistry, Proteins and protein networks, Advanced chemometry, Environmental technology, Pharmaceutical chemistry, Radiochemistry, and several more specific applied chemistry subjects. The education is composed from theoretical lectures, tutorial seminars and practical sessions. The students in the fourth semester prepare a diploma-work in an experimental topic, which will be defended, and they pass a general exam for getting the diploma.
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button, and start your application.
- Register on our application site, fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Medical certificate, vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B) and HIV test
- The payment receipt of the application fee
- Official copy of the language exam certificate