MSc in Biology
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Application requirements
- Examples of subjects during the studies
- More information
Master of Science in Biology
2 years (4 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: EUR 4,000/sem.
Application fee: EUR 140
The Biology MSc line offers full 2-year-education in biology. The study program for full-time training offers a complete education in biology, with special directions particularly in molecular biology (neurobiology, genetics, microbiology), and animal and plant ecology. Special directions from the second semester offer more laboratory practice in molecular biology or more courses in ecology. The basic subjects are presented in lectures, seminars and laboratory or fieldwork. The program provides a wider view of the related scientific fields (biophysics, biological chemistry). The students will familiarize their knowledge with the most modern instrumentation in our new research centre. It covers all aspects of education, research and innovation in the fields of biomedical, natural and environmental sciences. It also provides an opportunity to join the research work in 22 different research groups operating in the building.
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button, and start your application.
- Register on our application site, fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
After you have submitted/uploaded all the required documents, a professor from the Institute of Biology will contact you to suggest a date for a Skype interview.
Typical questions that can come up during the interviews:
- Why did you choose the University of Pécs?
- What is your preferred topic within Biology?
- What was the topic of your BSc diploma and what grade did you get for your Theses defence?
- How will you finance your studies and your living over here in Pécs?
- What are your future career plans after graduating at UP?
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
- Demonstrated evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. Certified B2 intermediate English knowledge
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) from 3000 to 3500 characters
- CV in English
- Transcript of previous studies (and their English translation)
- The payment receipt of the application fee of 140 €
- Medical certificate, vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B and HIV test)
- Obtained BSc degree as follows:
|Biology BSc||Full credit value counting. No extra credit is needed.|
|In case of any other BSc degree, the enrolment into the master's degree program is conditional||The minimum number of credits required to enter Master's program is 100 credits from the listed area as below:
- at least 6 credits from Mathematics subjects
- at least 6 credits from Informatics subjects
- at least 4 credits from Physics subjects
- at least 20 credits from Chemistry subjects
- at least 60 credits from Biology subjects
|If the applicant could not collect 100 credits, it is required from the applicant to have at least 70 credits in the listed areas based on his/her previous studies. And the missing credits must be obtained and completed during the master studies as specified in the Code of Studies and Examinations of the University of Pécs|