MA in Social Work
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Application requirements
- Examples of subjects during the studies
- More information
Master of Arts in Social Work (Social Worker MA)
2 years (4 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: EUR 2500/sem.
Application fee: EUR 140
The study programme is designed to train Social Workers who are competent in Social Work practice and are prepared to introduce professional innovations while protecting human rights and representing the values of social justice. As professionals, they utilize their extensive knowledge and specific competencies on human behaviour and on social systems; thereby serving purposes of social integration, strengthening democratic relations, and promoting human development. They are able to elaborate on social issues and conduct research to work out professional alternatives; to design, manage and evaluate social services; and represent the profession in a variety of public spheres. Professional requirements are in accordance with international scientific results and professional expectations. Students are prepared to continue their studies to obtain a PhD degree.
Skype interview for Social Work MA
The interview takes around 10-15 minutes. During the interview, our colleagues ask questions about your motivations and areas of interest. The goal of the discussion is to learn more about your command of the language, your personal attitudes and skills, and scientific interests. We lay a great emphasis on making the right decision to help the development of our multicultural and open-minded academic community, what is a precondition for student success.
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button, and start your application.
- Register on our application site, fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Medical certificate, (please fill the document and attach the serologic test results)
- vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B)
- HEP A/B/C test*
- HIV test*
- Chest X-ray: Please attach the chest’s X-ray result (not the film!) in English/Hungarian! (not older than 3 months)
- Transfer receipt of the EUR 140 application fee
- Official copy of the following language exam certificates:
- Entrance Exam (personally or via Skype)
*Please note: tests have to be taken within a year!
If you have any questions about the programme, please contact:
Ms Viktória Borda
Phone: +36 72 503-600/23542
If you have questions related to the application process or administrative staff, please contact:
Ms. Éva KOVÁCS-SAMU and Ms. Vanda BŐCZIN-SIRKECI
Phone: +36 72 501 500/24126