BSc in Biology
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Application requirements
- Examples of subjects during the studies
- More information
Bachelor of Science in Biology
3 years (6 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: EUR 2,500/sem.
Application fee: EUR 140
Registration fee: -
The Biology BSc line offers full 3-year-education in biology. The study program for the full time training offers complete education in biology, with special directions particularly in neurobiology, genetics, microbiology, animal and plant ecology, botany, zoology and plant physiology. Special directions in the second year have two modules: infra-individual (means more laboratory practice and cellular biology) and supra-individual (means more ecology) courses. Each module has 5-8 subjects with lectures, seminars and laboratory practices. The basic subjects are presented in lectures prepare for the practical courses provide a wider view for the related scientific fields (chemistry and physics). The students will familiarize their knowledge with the most modern instrumentation in our new research center. It covers all aspects of education, research and innovation at the fields of biomedical, natural and environmental sciences. It also provides opportunity to join the research work in 22 research groups operating in the building.
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button, and start your application.
- Register on our application site, fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Medical certificate, vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B) and HIV test
- The payment receipt of the application fee
- Official copy of the language exam certificate
Applicants must meet the minimum language requirements to be able to start their studies in the Faculty of Sciences, University of Pécs. B2 level is a minimum requirement, which is equivalent to an intermediate command of English. (e.g.ELTS minimum 5.5; or TOEFL minimum 66 score).
Applicants who do not meet the minimum language requirements have to start their studies with an English Language Preparatory Program.
The applicant must turn 18 years old or should be older by the day of enrolment to the current BSc study program.