The Instruction of English as a Foreign Language program will help you develop an in-depth understanding of the links between professional practice, theory, and research in the area of teaching English as a second/foreign language.
You will have the opportunity to:
• develop the knowledge and skills required to design engaging tasks for various age-groups and proficiency levels,
• create language teaching materials for various contexts (e.g. materials for young learners, adults, English for Specific Purposes)
• develop skills to integrate language and content (e.g. stories, culture, other subject areas)
• explore essential processes in learning and teaching language,
• practice teaching in real-life contexts,
• develp skills for conducting classroom-based research in your own classes.
Skype interview MA in the Instruction of English as a Foreign Language
The interview takes around 10-15 minutes. The main goal of the interview is for applicants to demonstrate their proficiency in English and their ability to discuss their academic interests with the interviewers, so they become able to make an informed decision about the acceptance to our multicultural and open-minded academic community.
In the interview, applicants may be asked to discuss a topic of their choice from the list below:
• Discuss a book or a TED talk that made an impact on your thinking
• Reflect on your own language learning process: What helped you most? How do you develop your English?
• Discuss two language learning tasks you liked and two tasks you disliked in your English classes.
• Describe a teacher who made a difference in your life.
• What made learning English easy for you? What made it difficult?
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
*Please note: tests have to be taken within a year!
If you have any questions about the program, please contact:
Dr. Réka Lugossy
Head of the program
Phone: +36 72/503 600/24319