ABOUT THE STIPENDIUM HUNGARICUM PROGRAM
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government as part of the government policy called “Eastern and Southern Opening”. The scholarship program is managed by Tempus Public Foundation.
The core mission of the program is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students. Currently 68 sending partners are engaged in the program.
Every year hundreds of international students gain admission to our university with the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship.
PROVISIONS COVERED BY THE SCHOLARSHIP
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee.
- Monthly stipend:
- non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly HUF 43 700 contribution to the living expenses, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies,
- doctoral level: monthly HUF 140 000 for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies.
- Accommodation: dormitory placement OR a monthly contribution of HUF 40 000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period.
- Medical insurance: health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca EUR 205) a year/person
Applications will not be considered in the following cases:
- Hungarian citizens (including those with dual citizenships)
- former Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship holders, who are re-applying for studies in the same cycle of education (e.g. bachelor, master, doctoral)