Fulfill your professional dreams – the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People (SCYP) gives you an exceptional chance to develop both personally and academically.
As a Christian Scholarship holder, you can receive an internationally recognized degree at a top-level Hungarian higher education institution and acquire highly competitive knowledge to advance both personally and academically. You can choose from programs taught in English that cover some higher education fields at all degree levels. At the University of Pécs, you can choose between 19 study programs. The Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People is also an excellent opportunity to build your professional network and discover everything about the country in a supporting and welcoming student environment!
Provisions covered by the scholarship:
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee.
- Monthly stipend of 166.600 HUF per month (140,000 HUF for Doctoral students),
- Accommodation: dormitory placement OR a monthly contribution of HUF 40 000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period,
- Reimbursement of travel costs of 200.000 HUF per academic year,
- Medical insurance
The mission of the Scholarship
The Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People (SCYP) was founded in 2017 by the Government of Hungary. The Programme is managed by the State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians and Hungary Helps Program. The Hungary Helps Agency is in charge of coordinating the Scholarship Programme since August 2020. The core mission of the SCYP is to provide opportunities to pursue higher education studies in Hungarian host institutions for Christian youth living in crisis regions of the world or being threatened in their countries because of their faith. After completing their studies, the scholarship holders can become the catalysts of the development of their countries and contribute to building capacities and strengthening resilience at the local level with their knowledge acquired in Hungary upon return to their homelands.
Who can apply?
- You may have the chance to become a Christian Scholarship holder, if you are a citizen of the following countries: Egypt, Lebanese Republic, Republic of Iraq, State of Israel, Palestine, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Syrian Arab Republic, Republic of Kenya, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Republic of Armenia and Nigeria.
- The prerequisite to applying is acquiring an official recommendation from the local Christian church.
- You are a full-age citizen, who are at least 18 years old at the beginning of your scholarship studies; you reach the age of 18 by 31 August of the year of the specified application deadline,
- you have the qualifications and the required language skills as a pre-requisite for the study program applied for, and submit the supporting document by the deadline for submission of applications, but no later than 1 August of the year of the current application cycle.
Degree programs at bachelor level, master’s, and one-tier master’s programs are open to all applicants, while doctoral programs are open to those applicants who have completed their bachelor/master studies in the frame of the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People in Hungary or are registered for the last semester of their studies in the 2020/2021 academic year as Scholarship for Christian Young People scholarship holders.
How to apply?
If you wish to apply to one of our study programmes with Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People, you need to apply through the online application system of Hungary Helps Agency and choose your selected study programme at the University of Pécs.
1. Register in the online application system by providing your basic personal information. Please, make sure you fill in your citizenship correctly (in the pop-up window), as this enables you to see the available study programmes. Please, write down your unique applicant access code and keep it in a safe place.
2. Log in to the system with your unique applicant access code.
3. Choose your study programme at the University of Pécs by selecting:
- specific institution: the University of Pécs
- study level: bachelor OR master OR doctoral
- study modes: full degree studies
- choose English as your language of study
You can choose ONE study programme only.
4. Finish the remaining sections of the online application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application by 31 January! You can download the required medical certificate of the University of Pécs here.
5. Only applications with validated recommendations of church will be evaluated by the University of Pécs by 30 May.
6. Successful applicants will receive their Letter of Admission and Letter of Award (by July 15 latest) so they can start arranging their travel to Pécs.
More information on the application process can be found on the official website of the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People
The Stipendium Hungaricum Office of the University of Pécs is responsible for the institution-wide coordination of the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People (SCYP). Our office connects students, their faculties and Hungary Helps Agency in order to provide the smooth operation of the Program.
Please, contact us if you have problems, questions related to:
- Signing your SCYP contract with the University of Pécs
- Signing the attendance form
- Receiving your stipend and accommodation support
- Extension of your scholarship
- Changing majors or institutions
With study-related issues please, always turn to your registrar’s office.
Contact person: Mr. Bence KÓNYA
Address: 7622 Pécs, Vasvári Pál utca 4. 1st floor, Office 103.
Phone: +36 72 501 500 / extension 12422
Office hours: Monday-Thursday: 09:00-11:00 and 13:00-15:00
We are looking forward to meeting you in our office!
Contact information of Hungary Helps Agency: