The International Centre at the University of Pécs, Hungary, concerned about racism and other kinds of discrimination, stressing the importance of equal opportunity and treatment in higher education, proclaims the following statement.
- We recall the equal and inalienable human rights laid down in The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, European Convention on Human Rights, Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, The Fundamental Law of Hungary, Hungarian Act on Equal Treatment and the Promotion of Equal Opportunities and other international and national pieces of legislation.
- We recall all rights and obligations of students of the University laid down in Article 28. and Article 29. of the Statutes of the University of Pécs.
- We recall that according to Article 9. of the Statutes of the University of Pécs the personnel contributing to the organization, control, operation, execution of the tasks of the institution shall comply with the requirement of equal treatment during their decisions and actions concerning the students, lecturers, and employees of the University.
- We recall that according to the Article 13. (2) of the Code of Studies and Examinations of the University of Pécs any decision that concerns the student and violates the requirement of equal treatment and was made within the powers of the maintainer of the institution in the course of practical training shall be deemed null. There is no time limit to cite invalidity of such decision.
- We recognize that human dignity is inviolable, and it may only be respected and protected in its fullness and the fundamental rights may only be guaranteed if any discrimination based on any ground such as sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation shall be prohibited.
- We recognize that the achievement of equality, social inclusion, anti-racism and non-discrimination is a cornerstone for each and every individual - as well as for the society as a whole - to prevail, therefore the promotion of these values is of utmost importance in higher education institutions which are powerhouses of international co-operation, mobility and transfer of knowledge.
- We are committed to identify ourselves as a non-discriminatory, and especially anti-racist institution.
- We are committed to promote non-discrimination, anti-racism, equal treatment and opportunities in every field of our operation.
- We are committed to work together with students, lecturers, staff members of our institution and other institutions to further promote a discrimination and racism-free society.
University of Pécs, Hungary