How can I work in Hungary as a student?

In Pécs, there are some student work services where our Hungarian and international students can apply for work besides their studies. Currently, depending on your citizenship, there are different rights and obligations.​

  • If you are a student coming from an EEA state (member states of the EU and Norway, Switzerland, Iceland, and Lichtenstein), there is no limitation regarding the working hours, and you need to hold a registration card.
  • If you are a citizen of a country not part of the European Economic Area (non-EEA state), you can be employed during your studies with a residence permit for study purposes and work 30 hours a week during your study period with a maximum of 66 days. On average, it is possible to make between 200-300 EUR per month during the study period. 
  • You can work up to 90 days per year outside your study period. You can find detailed information here.