MSc in Interior and Spatial design
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Examples of subjects during the studies
- More information
2 years (4 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: USD 3,800/sem.
Application fee: USD 150
The aim of the program is the training of interior design artists who, in liaison with architects and other design professionals, are capable of solving issues regarding aesthetic, functional, and psychological aspects of a given space or spaces, and, in the course of forming architectural space, are capable of preserving the conceptual unity of particular objects and furnishings within. Those graduating the program will possess essential technical knowledge and artistic talent; have an understanding and thorough knowledge of creativity and the design thought-process and their importance during the planning procedure. Graduates will acquire an advanced sense of aesthetic and critical talents, develop aesthetic taste, have an exhaustive knowledge of interior design terminology, traditional and innovative materials as well as the technology and tools utilized in their production. Students will be taught primary manufacturing and production processes and their conditions, and, taking into consideration the physical, biological, and cultural aspects involved, are capable of conscious treatment of space and sense of space. They become conscious of the context of complex creative processes. Not only do they have the requisite knowledge for coordination of different disciplines, but have experience with the properties and techniques of processing specific materials. Using their acquired capacity for shaping space in a systematic manner integral to the scheme, they are able to react to new challenges in situations requiring complex and collective solutions. Qualified interior design artists are expected to be able to perceive complex professional issues, develop an individual design and creative program, and conduct their autonomous work accordingly, as well as to employ the correct tools, methods, procedures and technologies proficiently and in novel ways in the creation of their own concepts and designs.
Students gain both practical and professional experience through the course of their studies and are prepared to further their education in the doctoral program if they wish.
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
- Minimally CEFR B2 level language exam certificate (TOEFL/IELTS/Cambridge/ECL) less than 2 years old
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school. Applicants with previous studies from bachelor level etc. have the possibility to credit transfer (Applicants for all bachelor, and master programs)
- Europass CV in English
- The payment receipt of the application fee
- Medical Certificate
- Copy of the photo-page(s) of your passport
- Motivation letter
- Recommendations, more documentation etc – optional
- Passport size photographs
The Application Process
- We confirm the receipt of application materials via e-mail.
- The Assessment Board reviews and evaluates every application and makes a decision within 15 working days after receiving the application fee.
- Every applicant is informed of the decision of the Assessment Board immediately via e-mail.
- If the applicant meets the requirements and is informed of her/his acceptance s/he must then pay the tuition fee and send us the payment receipt.
- After receiving the tuition fee, the applicant will be provided with an official Acceptance letter with which s/he can contact the Hungarian Embassy and apply for a Visa.