MA in Psychology
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Application requirements
- Examples of subjects during the studies
- More information
Master of Arts in Psychology
2 years (4 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: for EU citizens: EUR 2900/semester non-EU citizens: EUR 3900/semester
Application fee: EUR 140
Registration fee: -
The aim of the programme is to train professionals in psychology, who with their knowledge acquired in the various fields of psychology can face the mental challenges of the contemporary world. The students will be qualified in more branches of psychology and gain special knowledge in the field of Counselling and School Psychology. They will study the methodologies and instruments used in psychology, and will be able to use these with individuals, groups or organizations especially schools for their understanding and development. The programme provides adequate training to acquire further, legally stipulated, specialized qualifications in the various fields of psychology. They are prepared to continue their studies at the doctoral level.
The main professional areas covered during the programme:
- Individual Counselling
- Family Counselling
- Observation, assessment in schools.
- Behavior management
- Work with special needs students
- Individual learning plans
- Counselling in Organizations
During their studies the students having continuous practicum in a school for 4 semesters and they will join a counselling psychologist and work with him/her through two semesters. This type of practicum provides the students the opportunity to directly apply the knowledge gained during the courses. They will have immediate feedback of their performance and can easily develop their methods to reach a high level of understanding and routine in their work.
Applicability of the degree:
The specialization of Counselling and School Psychology provides a wide range of knowledge which can be used in several areas of psychology. After earning master’s degree, the students can decide among several paths of their carrier. In the most countries further studies are expected to start an independent carrier, but under the supervision of a specialized psychologist, professionals possessing Psychology MA can start to work. The main areas where this degree is applicable: clinical psychology and healthcare services, hospitals, ambulances; individual and group counselling; school psychology; pedagogical centers; coaching; organization development; sport psychology.
|Admission for 2019/20 academic year|
|Application round||Application deadline||Skype interview||Evaluation deadlines|
|Round 1||January 1 - March 8, 2019||March 18 - 22, 2019||March 29, 2019|
|Round 2||March 9- April 14, 2019||April 22- 26, 2019||May 6, 2019|
|Round 3||April 15- May 12, 2019||May 21- 24, 2019||May 31, 2019|
|Round 4||May 13- June 15, 2019||June 24- 28, 2019||July 5, 2019|
|Round 5 (Final deadline)||June 16- July 31, 2019||August 5-9, 2019||August 16, 2019|
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button, and start your application.
- Register on our application site, fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of BA/BSc degree in Psychology
- Official copy of one the following language exam certificates:
- You do not have to submit an official English test result if one of the following criteria applies to you:
- English is your native language
- You have continued your undergraduate studies in English.
- You have participated in a preparatory course organised by the UP or any other Hungarian institute(You have to submit the official transcript of your preparatory studies.)
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Research proposal in Counselling or School Psychology (4000-6000 characters)
- Entrance Exam (personally or via Skype, details on http://psychology.pte.hu)
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Transfer receipt of the EUR 140 application fee
- Medical certificate, (please fill the document and attach the serologic test results)
- vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B)
- HEP A/B/C test*
- HIV test*
- Chest X-ray: Please attach the chest’s X-ray result (not the film!) in English/Hungarian! (not older than 3 months)
*Please note: tests have to be taken within a year
For further information on study matters, please contact:
Mátyás Káplár PhD
For more information about the admission procedure, please contact
Ms. Éva Kovács-Samu, Ms. Maria LAJOS
Phone: +36 72 501 500/24126