MA in Human Resources Counseling
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Application requirements
- Examples of subjects during the studies
- More information
Master of Human Resources Counselling
2 years (4 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: EUR 1,800/sem.
Application fee: EUR 140
Registration fee: -
The purpose of this course is to educate and train professionals who are experts in providing help to organisations and companies regarding any area of human resources management, one of the functional areas of leadership counselling. Special attention will be paid to career-planning and counselling, and a major discipline is devoted to equal opportunity and the treatment of disadvantaged groups. According to the tradition of this faculty students will also deal with employment policy, adult education as well as the interdependence of education and the workforce market. From among the practical skills trained the abilities of counselling and conflict management should especially be pointed out. The curriculum also arranges for a compulsory professional field practice, where skills and knowledge acquired may be applied and deepened in practice.
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button, and start your application.
- Register on our application site, fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
|Admission for 2018/19 academic year|
|Application Round||Application deadlines||Skype interviews||Evaluation deadlines|
|Round 1||January 1 - March 8, 2019||March 18 - 22, 2019||March 29, 2019|
|Round 2||March 9 - April 14, 2019||April 22 - 26, 2019||May 6, 2019|
|Round 3||April 15 - May 12, 2019||May 21 - 24, 2019||May 31, 2019|
|Round 4||May 13 - June 15, 2019||June 24 - 28, 2019||July 5, 2019|
|Round 5 (Final deadline)||June 16 - July 15, 2019||July 22 - 26, 2019||August 2, 2019|
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
Your application file should contain:
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) BA Degree in Human Resource Counselling, BA (For lack of the above degree, other degrees can also be accepted if they include the following disciplines: Social psychology, Theories of learning, Methodology of teaching and learning with adults, Organisational development, career psychology, HRM, Validation of prior learning, Organisational development, Knowledge management - please attach a transcript for the courses you have completed (title, credits))
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Medical certificate, (please fill the document and attach the serologic test results)
- vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B)
- HEP A/B/C test*
- HIV test*
- Chest X-ray: Please attach the chest’s X-ray result (not the film!) in English/Hungarian! (not older than 3 months)
- Transfer receipt of the EUR 140 application fee
- Official copy of the one of the following language exam certificates:
- TOEFL (iBT internet-based): 80 points (www.ets.org/toefl)
- IELTS: Overall Band Score: 5.5 (www.ielts.org)
- Cambridge ESOL: B2 level (www.cambridgeenglish.org)
- TELC: B2 level (https://www.telc.net/en.html)
- ECL: B2 level (http://www.ecl-test.com/)
- You do not have to submit an official English test result if one of the following criteria applies to you: you have completed your undergraduate studies in the English language.
- Entrance Exam (personally or via Skype), topics:
- Education and equal treatment
- Psychological aspects of defining personality
- Adult education and labor market
- The role of Human Resources Management in an organization
- The sociological impacts of new communicational technologies
- The socio-economic environment of the labor-market.
*Please note: tests have to be taken within a year!
For further information on study matters please contact:
Mr. Borisz VÉGVÁRI
Admission Officer of the HRC Program
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Éva KOVÁCS-SAMU, Ms. Maria LAJOS
Phone: +36 72 501 500/24126