BSc in Geography
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Application requirements
- Examples of subjects during the studies
- More information
Bachelor of Science in Geography
3 years (6 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: EUR 2,500/sem.
Application fee: EUR 140
Registration fee: -
The Geography BSc line offers full 3-year-education in Geography. The study program offers complete education in geography, with special directions in Landscape and environmental studies, Regional and settlement development and also in Tourism. All three directions are supported by a strong GIS basis.
The program provides a general bachelor level education in geography. It includes introductory modules to Nature and social sciences, to Geology and to Geography. The core of the program is based on the fundamental issues of including topics in Physical, Human and Regional geography. Advanced courses can be chosen from the topics offered for the special directions. Beside the compulsory courses students have to choose optional courses to help them in their specialization. The courses usually consist of two parts: a lecture and a problem solving seminar, each worth 1 to 4 credits, depending on the nature of the topic.
The bachelor course in geography is the basis for the Master (MSc) line of applied geography with a special focus on the BSc specializations plus Geomorphology and GIS available at our university.
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button, and start your application.
- Register on our application site, fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Medical certificate, vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B) and HIV test
- The payment receipt of the application fee
- Official copy of the language exam certificate
Applicants must meet the minimum language requirements to be able to start their studies in the Faculty of Sciences, University of Pécs. B2 level is a minimum requirement, which is equivalent to an intermediate command of English. (e.g.ELTS minimum 5.5; or TOEFL minimum 66 score).
Applicants who do not meet the minimum language requirements have to start their studies with an English Language Preparatory Program.
The applicant must turn 18 years old or should be older by the day of enrolment to the current BSc study program.