BSc in Computer Science
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Application requirements
- Examples of subjects during the studies
- More information
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
3 years (6 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: EUR 2,500/sem.
Application fee: EUR 140
Registration fee: -
The Computer Science BSc line offers full 3-year-education in computer science and programming. The aim of the course is to educate students who will be able to work in the IT sector as coders or software developers, or continue their studies at a master (MSc) level. The basic courses include Discrete mathematics, Calculus, Linear algebra, Numerical analysis, Probability and statistics, Mathematical logics, System design, Programming methodology, Programming languages, Software technology, Computer architecture, Operating system, Networking, Theory of databases etc. The courses are typically worth 2 or 3 credits. Having collected 90 credits from the fundamental courses, there is a choice between an academic and an applied specialization. The academic one is more focused on applied and fundamental mathematical issues such as operations research, advanced theory of algorithms, etc., while the applied one is for actual software development technologies. Both specializations offer flexibility in the choice of courses according to the students' interest. 70 credits are to be collected in this framework, while the remaining 20 credits are given for the preparation of the thesis.
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button, and start your application.
- Register on our application site, fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Medical certificate, vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B) and HIV test
- The payment receipt of the application fee
- Official copy of the language exam certificate
Applicants must meet the minimum language requirements to be able to start their studies in the Faculty of Sciences, University of Pécs. B2 level is a minimum requirement, which is equivalent to an intermediate command of English. (e.g.ELTS minimum 5.5; or TOEFL minimum 66 score).
Applicants who do not meet the minimum language requirements have to start their studies with an English Language Preparatory Program.
The applicant must turn 18 years old or should be older by the day of enrolment to the current BSc study program.