BA in Social Work
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Application requirements
- Examples of subjects during the studies
- More information
Bachelor of Arts in Social Work
3,5 years (7 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: EUR 1,700/sem.
Application fee: EUR 140
Registration fee: -
Our study programs provide students with critical-reflective thinking skills necessary to understand the socio-cultural context of their work.
Bachelor of Social Work graduates are aware of the complexity and dynamics of social systems and human behaviour. They are committed to values and ethics of Social Work and act according to the principles of social justice. Social workers promote the development of democratic social relations and social integration.
Major modules of the programme: Theory and Practice of Social Work, Social Policy, Sociology, Economics, Social Law and Administration, Psychology, Public Health, and Education. Students are required to spend the 7th semester on placement, depending on their personal interests and institutional possibilities.
|Admission for 2019/20 academic year|
|Application Round||Application deadlines||Skype interviews||Evaluation deadlines|
|Round 1||January 1 - March 8, 2019||March 18 - 22, 2019||March 29, 2019|
|Round 2||March 9 - April 14, 2019||April 22 - 26, 2019||May 6, 2019|
|Round 3||April 15 - May 12, 2019||May 21 - 24, 2019||May 31, 2019|
|Round 4||May 13 - June 15, 2019||June 24 - 28, 2019||July 5, 2019|
|Round 5 (Final deadline)||June 16 - July 15, 2019||June 22-26, 2019||August 2, 2019|
Entrance Exam (personally or via Skype), topics:
- Prior experiences (e.g. volunteering, special learning and work experiences)
- What major challenges did you handle?
- Why are you interested in this programme? What do you know about social work?
- Future plans
Philip R. J. Harington & Liz Beddoe (2014): Civic practice: A new professional paradigm for social work. Journal of Social Work, Vol. 14, (2), 147–164.
Ambrosino, Rosalie, Heffernan, J., Shuttlesworth, G. & Ambrosino, Robert (2005): Social work and social welfare. An introduction. Belmont, CA: Brooks/Cole–Thomson Learning.
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button, and start your application.
- Register on our application site, fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Medical certificate, (please fill the document and attach the serologic test results)
- vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B)
- HEP A/B/C test*
- HIV test*
- Chest X-ray: Please attach the chest’s X-ray result (not the film!) in English/Hungarian! (not older than 3 months)
- Transfer receipt of the EUR 140 application fee
- Official copy of the following language exam certificates:
- Entrance Exam (personally or via Skype)
*Please note: tests have to be taken within a year!