BA in Communication and Media Science
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Application requirements
- Examples of subjects during the studies
- More information
Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Media Science
Duration of training 3 years (6 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: EUR 2,200/sem. (for EU citizens), EUR 2,800/sem. (for non-EU citizens)
Application fee: EUR 140
The program, with a Digital Media and Public Relations specialization at Pécs prepares students for effective work in the fields of professional journalism (of traditional, electronic and online kinds), and Public Relations, advertisement and organizational communication. The program lays great emphasis on practical training in media production and the development of students’ soft skills (empathic and assertive communication, teamwork, flexibility, creativity) and digital self-management capabilities.
We believe that with the spread of digital technologies fast and effective communication and online self-management became a must for companies and individuals alike, both globally and locally. The creative industries (e.g. advertisement, PR, design, organizational communication) are getting more and more important in commercial, institutional and NGO sectors, while the need for professionally trained journalists remains strong. As the very first department of communication and media in Hungary and with more than 25 years of experience in teaching we are keen to sharpen our students’s sensitivities for, and offer them convertible knowledge about, how communication and media works and how it is to be managed efficiently both in a local, Central-European and global context. Pécs served as the cultural capital of Europe in 2010 and is a home of several companies working in the cultural and creative industries that a communication and media program with a practical bent can rely on.
The Department of Communication and Media Studies has a special interests in:
- cultural approaches to media,
- digital online communication (e.g. research on Instagram, Facebook, vlogging, youth cultures, social media use),
- studies of popular media culture (e.g. comics, serials and series, videogames),
- digital anthropology and
- internationally networked and recognized research in digital journalism and news consumption.
Apart from the fully-fledged BA program, the Department also offers a number of courses on MA and PhD levels in English.
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button, and start your application.
- Register on our application site, fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Medical certificate, (please fill the document and attach the serologic test results)
- vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B)
- HEP A/B/C test*
- HIV test*
- Chest X-ray: Please attach the chest’s X-ray result (not the film!) in English/Hungarian! (not older than 3 months)
- Transfer receipt of the EUR 140 application fee
- Official copy of the following language exam certificates:
- Entrance Exam (personally or via Skype)
*Please note: tests have to be taken within a year!
If you have questions related to the application process or administrative staff, please contact:
Ms. Éva KOVÁCS-SAMU, Ms. Vanda BŐCZIN-SIRKECI
Phone: +36 72 501 500/24126