BSc Tourism and Catering
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Examples of subjects during the studies
- More information
Bachelor of Sciences (BSc) in Tourism and Catering
3 years (6 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: HUF 350,000 / semester for citizens of EU member states € 2,950 / semester for citizens of all other countries
Application fee: € 100
As it is widely known, in the past decades tourism became one of the largest and fastest-growing economic sectors in the world. As the UNWTO (World Tourism Organization) highlights in the latest reports, this branch of industry turned into a key driver of socio-economic progress through the creation of jobs and enterprises, export revenues, and infrastructure development in both developed and developing countries. Newer and newer areas and markets appear both concerning inbound and outbound tourism and competition and diversification also became key issues in the global tourism processes.
Since tourism is one of the greatest players of international commerce, represents 7% of the world’s exports in goods and services or contributes 10% to the global GDP or to global employment, it is definitely worth study and later on being occupied in this dynamically growing branch wherever you come from or wherever you would like to work later. If you see the business opportunities this industry offers you are the one we need.
When you finish your studies you will be an Economist in Tourism and Catering.
With the acquired economic, business, social sciences, applied methodology and tourism and catering specialised knowledge you will be able to manage the tasks and challenges and the related workflows in a wide range of activities related to tourism and catering. You will be able to reveal and analyse the factors influencing the tourism demand, create an attractive and experience based supply and organise and fulfil the related services activities.
At the end of our programme you will have the knowledge and skills of:
- You will understand the basic processes of the system of tourism and you will be able to be part of its professional operation;
- You will have the knowledge of the peculiar characteristics of tourism and catering businesses and their management;
- You will have practical and theoretical knowledge on the development of the different tourism products and the development and management of destinations
A key aim of our programmes is to combine academic knowledge with transferable skills in order to enhance employability. Tourism and Catering graduates are highly valued by employers across the world. You will have a choice of careers open to you, including
- tourism (destination, product) manager (both in private and public spheres – companies, local governments, state governing bodies)
- tourism planner, researcher, regional development expert
- hotel or restaurant manager
- hotel receptionist
- travel agent, travel organiser
- conference and event organiser
- tourism sales manager
- tourism marketing manager
Prospective students should prove their knowledge and skills in both Mathematics and English.
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
- Minimally CEFR B2 level language exam certificate (TOEFL/IELTS/Cambridge/ECL ) less than 2 years old
- Certificate of school leaving examination and
- Transcript of studies (and their superlegalized English translation)
- Europass CV in English
- The payment receipt of the application fee
- Medical certificate, Vaccination card and HIV test
- Motivation letter
The Application Process
- We confirm the receipt of application materials via e-mail.
- The Assessment Board reviews and evaluates every application and makes a decision within 15 working days after receiving the application fee.
- Every applicant is informed of the decision of the Assessment Board immediately via e-mail.
- If the applicant meets the requirements and is informed of her/his acceptance s/he must then pay the tuition fee and send us the payment receipt.
- After receiving the tuition fee, the applicant will be provided with an official Acceptance letter with which s/he can contact the Hungarian Embassy and apply for a Visa.
Arrival: last week of August
Orientation day: First week of September