BA in English and American Studies
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Application requirements
- Examples of subjects during the studies
- More information
Bachelor of Arts in English and American Studies
3 years (6 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: EUR 1,800/sem.
Application fee: EUR 140
Registration fee: -
This program of study will enable our students to make a serious contribution to their field in theoretical and practical terms, utilising both inter- and multi-disciplinary approaches. Those who successfully complete their studies at Bachelor (BA) level will be well qualified to continue their studies at postgraduate (MA) level. By obtaining their BA, students will possess a wide range of skills and knowledge:
- a thorough understanding of the English language and of English-speaking peoples and cultures worldwide,
- a high level of competence in the English language meeting the competency requirements of both the Written and Oral parts of the Advanced Level State Proficiency Examination,
- familiarity with basic research- and study techniques within the field of English Studies,
- the ability to translate a variety of non-field-specific texts in an intelligent manner.
In addition, with a knowledge of the social, economic and environmental characteristics specific to Hungary and to various English-speaking countries, students will be able to exchange such knowledge in a constructive, solution-oriented manner to:
- strengthen cultural ties through a creative application of their language- and problem-solving skills,
- contribute to local cultural and civic life, especially in the area of Anglophone cultural connections,
- play active roles in mass communication, media and tourism.
It is our hope that students holding a BA in English Studies will show a lasting interest in and love for English-language literatures and cultures and will be motivated to employ their ever-increasing knowledge in a manner that is at once creative, cooperative and responsible.
|Admission for 2018/19 academic year|
|Application Round||Application deadlines||Skype interviews||Evaluation deadlines|
|Round 1||January 1 – March 15, 2018||March 20-24, 2018||March 31, 2018|
|Round 2||March 16 - April 16, 2018||April 17-20, 2018||May 1, 2018|
|Round 3||April 17 - May 14, 2018||May 15-19, 2018||May 31, 2018|
|Round 4 (Final deadline)||May 15 - June 15, 2018||June 19-23, 2018||July 5, 2018|
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button, and start your application.
- Register on our application site, fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
Your application file should contain:
- Application form
- High school diploma (including transcript of records)
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Medical certificate, vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B) and HIV test
- Transfer receipt of the EUR 140 application fee
- Official copy of the following language exam certificates:
- TOEFL (PBT paper-based): 517 points (www.ets.org/toefl)
- TOEFL (iBT internet-based): 66 points (www.ets.org/toefl)
- IELTS: Overall Band Score: 5.5 (www.ielts.org)
- Cambridge ESOL: B2 level (www.cambridgeenglish.org)
- TELC: B2 level (https://www.telc.net/en.html)
- ECL: B2 level (http://www.ecl-test.com/)
- Oxford Online Placement Test: 70 points (www.oxfordenglishtesting.com)
You do not have to submit an official English test result if one of the following criteria applies to you:
- You have a major/minor in English, i.e. the English language is the field of study (studies in English linguistics or literature), OR
- You have continued your undergraduate studies in the English language.