|CALL FOR APPLICATIONS|
The “Stipendium Hungaricum” Scholarship Program was founded by the Hungarian Government in 2013.
Scholarships can be applied by citizens of those countries that have a valid/effective bilateral educational work plan agreement signed by the Hungarian Ministry of Human Resources.
The pre-selection of the candidates will be carried out by the Ministry of Education of the given country or by the scholarship board appointed by that ministry.
Hungary through the Tempus Public Foundation offers scholarships for foreign nationals who intend to pursue their full BA/BSc, MA/MSc or undivided MA or PhD studies in Hungarian state accredited higher education institutions.
Stipendium Hungaricum scholarships are available for bachelor, master, one-tier master, doctoral and non-degree programmes (preparatory and specialisation courses). Both full time and part time study modes are available in case of bachelor, master, one-tier master and doctoral studies.
|AVAILABLE SCHOLARSHIP TYPES||Duration||Qualifications at the end of programme||Available study modes|
|full time||part time||full time||part time|
|Bachelor programmes||2-4 years||1 or 2 semesters||BA or BSc degree||certificate of completion||full and part time|
|Master programmes||1,5-2 years||1 or 2 semesters||MA or MSc degree||certificate of completion||full and part time|
|One-tier master programmes1
||5-6 years||1 or 2 semesters||MA or MSc degree||certificate of completion||full and part time|
|Doctoral programmes||2+2 years||1 or 2 semesters||doctoral degree||certificate of completion||full and part time|
|Non-degree programmes||Preparatory courses2
||0,5-1 year||-||certificate||-||full time|
||0,5-1 year||-||certificate||-||full time|
1 In the Hungarian education system, one-tier master programmes are offered in the following study fields: general medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, architecture, law, veterinary surgery, forestry engineering, etc.
2 In this Call for Applications, in case of preparatory and specialisation courses in English language, preparatory and specialisation courses are only available in fields related to Music. Please see Annex 2.
Applicants are eligible to apply only if they meet the minimum language criteria set by the chosen host higher education institution.
Study programmes in English language: students shall have a level of English proficiency required by the host institution.
Study programmes in Hungarian language: students shall participate in a one-year preparatory Hungarian language course before starting their higher education studies. In addition to the Hungarian language, subjects related to the chosen field of studies will also be taught in Hungarian.
Study programmes in other languages: students shall have a level of proficiency in the language of the study programme required by the host institution.
|PROVISIONS COVERD BY THE SCHOLARSHIP|
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend
- non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly HUF 40 460 (cca EUR130) contribution to the living expenses, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- doctoral level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, it is monthly HUF 100 000 (cca EUR 325) at present - for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies - but the legislation is to be changed, consequently the amount is expected to be raised.
- dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 30 000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period
- Medical insurance
- health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance
Applications will not be considered in the following cases:
- Hungarian citizens (including those with dual citizenships)
- former Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship holders, who are re-applying for studies in the same cycle of education (e.g. bachelor, master, doctoral)
|4 January 2017||Call for Application for 2017/18|
|5 March 2017||Application deadline (submitting application to TPF and to Sending Partner)|
|9 April 2017||First round of selection: nomination|
|April-June 2017||Second round: institutional admission procedure|
|End of June 2017||Notification about selection result by Tempus|
|July-August 2017||Visa application process|
|September 2017||Arrival in Hungary|
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship programme, please, consult with the Tempus Public Foundation (TPF) at email@example.com or the institutional coordinator of the University of Pécs:
name: Mr. Áron BÁNÁTI
address: H‐7622 Pécs, 4. Vasvári Pál Street, 2nd floor, Office 208.
phone: 00 36 72 501 500 / extension 18525
office hours: Tuesday 10:00-12:00 and Thursday 13:00-15:00