BSc in Physical Training
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Application requirements
- Examples of subjects during the studies
- More information
Bachelor of Science in Physical Training (Qualification: Physical Trainer)
3 years (6 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: EUR 2,500/sem.
Application fee: EUR 140
The general aim of the program is to train students to become coaches. Trainers who gain a well-established theoretical and practical knowledge and skills to be able to plan and implement training sessions for junior players, youth and adult athletes, too. Coaches who become responsible to select athletes, improve and guide their personality and to enhance their performance.
The curriculum is organized in five modules: team and individual sports, medical aspects of sport, social aspects of sport, sport sciences, and professional practice. Each module has approximately 5-10 subjects. Students participate in internships every semester. During the first three semesters as a visitor then later they are asked to conduct and lead workouts alongside with the teachers. The subjects are presented in lectures, seminars, practices, and laboratory work, too.
Further Education Opportunities:
Sports Coaching MSc
Adapted Physical Education MSc
Future Job Opportunities:
The obtained sport science and profession entitles you to any jobs that require sport knowledge and competences in the field of leisure sports and/or competing sport. Various sport services, such as personal training, winter-summer sport training; organizing, conducting and animating sport camps and events as well as different levels of competition sports are available as job vacancies.
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button, and start your application.
- Register on our application site, fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
- High motivation for active sport
- Obtained High School leaving certificate
- Good grades in Biology and Physical Education/Sports
- Demonstrated evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency
- Sport specialization selection (see the list below)
You must choose one sport specialization at the time of the application!
Athletics, Handball, Basketball, Football, Swimming,
Fencing (will only start in case of a sufficient number of applicants)
Pentathlon (will only start in case of a sufficient number of applicants)
All other sport is considered individually!
After you have submitted/uploaded all the required documents, a colleague member from the Institute of Sport Science and Physical Education - usually a student-friendly and erudite professor - will make a contact you to make an appointment and set a date with you for a Skype interview.
Topics that usually come up during the interviews: Basics of Anatomy; Basics of Physiology; Your Sport and School Background
Your application file should contain:
- One passport size photo
- Copy of passport with personal data
- Copy of High School leaving certificate (in English or with official translation)
- Copy of High School transcripts for the last two years
- Copy of language exam certificate
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English
- Motivational letter
- Voucher of payment for the application fee
Applicants must meet the minimum language requirements to be able to start their studies in the Faculty of Sciences, University of Pécs. B2 level is a minimum requirement, which is equivalent to an intermediate command of English. (e.g.ELTS minimum 5.5; or TOEFL minimum 66 score).
Applicants who do not meet the minimum language requirements have to start their studies with an English Language Preparatory Program.