Faculty: Faculty of Sciences
Duration of training: 4 years
Language of instruction: Hungarian and English
Programme Director: Professor Zoltán Dövényi
Description of the programme:
The Doctoral School of Earth Sciences has developed from the PhD training programme called 'Spatial and environmental problems of socioeconomic activities'. The training programme began in 1994 and the Doctoral School was accredited in 2001. There are two alternatives to get involved in the activities: participating in regular courses as full-time students or in part-time training.
Admission: The applicant must hold a Master's degree (MA, MSc) in a relevant field and has to take an oral interview.
Application procedure:Applicants are required to fill in the application form that should be sent to the international coordinator:
Phone: +36 72 503-600/24283
University of Pécs, Faculty of Sciences
Students need to attach the following documents as well:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Preliminary research proposal (2-3 pages long)
- Official copies of (Degree) Certificate plus certified translation in English
- Transcript of records in English
- Two letters of recommendation
- List of Publications (if any)
Programme structure: There are several fields of teaching and research focusing on certain disciplines. The selection of research topics, training plans as well as fundamental and applied research is related to the following thematic groups and their leaders:
- Cultural geography: Dr. András Trócsányi
- Geology: Professor Tamás Budai
- Geography of tourism: Dr. András Trócsányi
- Geomorphology: Professor Ferenc Schweitzer
- Historical and political geography: Professor Zoltán Dövényi
- Meteorology and climate change: Professor István Geresdi
- Physical geography, landscape evaluation: Dr. Dénes Lóczy
- Population and settlement geography: Professor Zoltán Dövényi
- Regional geography: Professor István Szilágyi
- Regional and settlement development: Professor István Szilágyi
In the regular courses about six Hungarian and a limited number of foreign citizens can be accepted. Since the accreditation of the Doctoral School more than 50 full-time students and more than 300 part-time (correspondent) students have participated in the training. In the past fifteen years more than 100 students have received PhD degrees.
Graduation requirements: Students must receive grades in all modules, have six publications (at least two international) that cover the area of dissertation, pass the Doctoral Examination, prepare the PhD Dissertation and defend it.
|Deadline for application||Tuition fee||Application fee|
|May 31 and October 31||EUR 3,000 per semester||EUR 140|
For more information, please contact:
Phone: +36 72 503-600/24283
Faculty of Sciences
University of Pécs
Ifjúság útja 6.