BSc in Mathematics
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Application requirements
- Examples of subjects during the studies
- More information
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
3 years (6 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: EUR 2,500/sem.
Application fee: EUR 140
Registration fee: -
The basic courses include: Logics, Computer science, Linear algebra, Number theory, Calculus, Geometry, Probability theory and statistics and Game theory. Advanced courses include Mathematical programming and Operations research, Group theory, Computer algebra, Numerical methods and applied computer science. The courses usually constitute of two parts: a lecture and a problem solving seminar, each worth 2 or 3 credits, depending on the nature of the topic. In addition to the 120 credits which have to be collected from the courses, 60 credits for the preparation of the thesis completes the 180 credits required for finishing the course.
The bachelor course in mathematics is the basis for the Master (MSc) line of applied mathematics (with a special focus on operations research) available at University of Pécs as well as other MSc courses available at other universities.
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button, and start your application.
- Register on our application site, fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
Your application file should contain:
- Application form
- One passport size photo
- Copy of passport with personal data
- Copy of High School leaving certificate (in English or with official translation)
- Copy of High School transcripts for the last two years
- Copy of language exam certificate
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English
- Motivational letter
- Voucher of payment for the application fee
Applicants must meet the minimum language requirements to be able to start their studies in the Faculty of Sciences, University of Pécs. B2 level is a minimum requirement, which is equivalent to an intermediate command of English. (e.g.ELTS minimum 5.5; or TOEFL minimum 66 score).
Applicants who do not meet the minimum language requirements have to start their studies with an English Language Preparatory Program.