Psychology is challenging, exciting and useful, and recent years have seen a massive growth of interest in behavioural issues in everyday life. At the University of Pécs you may study BA in Psychology. This can lead to careers in, for example, clinical, counselling, educational, forensic, health or occupational psychology.
Faculty: Faculty of Humanities
Degree: Bachelor of Arts
Duration of training: 6 semesters
Language of instruction: English
Head of the programme: Professor Enikő KISS
Description of the programme:
The general aim of the programme is to contribute to the intellectual and personal development of each student. Some students will choose to pursue more advanced studies in specialized areas, whereas others will choose to develop their studies within a broader educational experience before moving into a career in a wide range of employment sectors. The programme endeavours to enable students to develop their capacity to contribute both to their own development and to that of the society in their future career.
More specifically, the programme's courses deal with the following disciples:
1. General and Cognitive Psychology (perceptual basis of knowledge, emotion, motivation, attention, memory, thinking),
2. Evolutionary Psychology (ethology, sociobiology, adaptive designs in human thinking and behaviour, human sexual behaviour, parental behaviour, coevolution: the interrelation between evolution and culture),
3. Developmental Psychology (learning, communication, social development, analytical views of development, cognitive development),
4. Personality Psychology (directions of personality psychology, behavioural views of personality, psychoanalytical views, assessment of personality),
5. Social Psychology (culture and socialization, social psychology of communication, cognitive social psychology, analytical social psychology)
6. Foundations of Psychological Methodology (library informatics and basic statistics, mathematic statistics, psychometry),
7. Special Applied Fields of Psychology.
At University Pécs you may study psychology as a Single Honours degree. This can lead to careers in, for example, clinical, counselling, educational, forensic, health or occupational psychology. Many psychology graduates work in diverse occupations that do not carry the title 'psychologist' because the skills acquired while studying psychology transfer readily to various spheres in the world of work and provide an excellent general education. The skills that you will learn while studying psychology, which may be of value to you in future careers, include information finding, oral and written communication, numeracy, computer literacy, time-management, problem solving, group working and the ability to carry out independent research.
Recent years have seen a massive growth of interest in behavioural issues in everyday life, ranging from stress, health, human-machine interaction and artificial intelligence, to social dynamics, personal development, mental illness, management techniques and the environment, to name but a few. Although careers in many of these may require postgraduate training, you are presented with an enviable choice upon graduating.
- Application form
- High school diploma (including transcript of records)
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Medical certificate, vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B) and HIV test
- Transfer receipt of the EUR 140 application fee
- Official copy of the following language exam certificates:
- TOEFL (PBT paper-based): 517 points (www.ets.org/toefl)
- TOEFL (iBT internet-based): 66 points (www.ets.org/toefl)
- IELTS: Overall Band Score: 5.5 (www.ielts.org)
- Cambridge ESOL: B2 level (www.cambridgeenglish.org)
- TELC: B2 level (https://www.telc.net/en.html)
- ECL: B2 level (http://www.ecl-test.com/)
- Oxford Online Placement Test: 70 points (www.oxfordenglishtesting.com)
You do not have to submit an official English test result if one of the following criteria applies to you:
- You have a major/minor in English, i.e. the English language is the field of study (studies in English linguistics or literature), OR
- You have continued your undergraduate studies in the English language.
Please send the documents specified above to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Please send in all of the required documents. Incomplete applications will not be processed!
|Deadline for application||Tuition fee||Application fee|
|June 30||EUR 2,450 per semester for EU citizens and EUR 3,450 per semester for non-EU citizens||EUR 140|
Bank details for application fee transfer
|Name of beneficiary||University of Pécs|
|Address of beneficiary||7622 Pécs, Vasvári P. u. 4., Hungary|
|Name of Bank||Magyar Államkincstár/Hungarian Treasury
(the intermediary bank is: Magyar Nemzeti Bank/ Central Bank of Hungary)
|Address of Bank||1054. Budapest, Hold u. 4.|
|Beneficiary’s IBAN||HU30 10024003-00282716-01110009|
|Comment field||EUR140 - PST250065, applicant’s name|
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Éva KOVÁCS-SAMU
Ms. Mária LAJOS
Phone: +36 72 501 500/24126
University of Pécs, Faculty of Humanities
H- 7624 Pécs, Ifjúság u. 6., Hungary