General Medicine in English
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Application requirements
- Examples of subjects during the studies
- More information
6 years (12 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: USD 16,750/year (USD 9,000 for the first and USD 7,750 for the second semester) + Entrance exam fee - USD 250 (if taken in Pécs)
Application fee: USD 200
Registration fee: USD 220
This programme provides complete theoretical and practical training in medicine. The diploma issued by the Medical School is accepted by all European Union countries and several other countries (Norway, USA, Canada, Israel, etc.).
The curriculum of the general medicine course in Pécs is designed to form a foundation upon which the future physician can build his or her medical knowledge in a continuously evolving profession. The program of instruction consists of six years of pre-clinical and clinical studies (ten semesters and one year of clinical rotations). The curriculum is drawn up in the belief that direct experience with patients, either at the bedside or in the operating theatre, is fundamental to a sound medical education.
In the first or Basic module the students become familiar with the structure and functions of the healthy human body. In the second, Preclinical module the formation and features of the pathological processes are studied and the students become acquainted with the basic patient examination skills. In the Clinical module the specific diseases are taught and the diagnostic and therapeutical skills of the students will be developed. Most of these studies are practical in nature, spent mostly in the wards. Clinical rotation is a full practical year in wards. The students carry out mostly medical activity under the control of the teachers.
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button, and start your application.
- Register on our application site, fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
You need to
- have a high school diploma/official transcript of grades from secondary school (or a provisional certificate proving that you are going to graduate in the application period, therefore you will be able to submit it only later on, until the time of enrolment at the latest) with the best possible grades in Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
- have B2 level/upper intermediate English knowledge (no language examination certificate is needed)
- pass a complex (oral and written) entrance exam (online exams or Skype interviews are not possible)
- have eligibility for higher education studies in home country
Additional documents to be submitted in English/officially attested English translation:
- Signed application form with a passport-size photo.
- Copy of valid passport
- Europass CV in English
- High school diploma and transcript of grades (officially attested English translation)
- Payment receipts of the application/exam fee
- medical certificate
- chest X-ray (doctor's note, not the image)
- vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against Hepatitis B)
- HIV test result (not older than 3 months)
Ms. Lívia CSIDEI
Head of Admissions and English Student Service Center
Tel.: +36 72/ 536-018; +36 72/ 536-009; ; +36 72/ 536-001 ext. 31204
Fax: +36 72/ 536-110
Admissions and English Student Service Center
University of Pécs
H-7624 Pécs, Szigeti út 12.