Architecture (BSc + MSc)
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Examples of subjects during the studies
- More information
Master of Science in Architecture
5 years (10 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: USD 3,300/sem.
Application fee: USD 100
Registration fee: -
The Faculty has more than 40 years of experience in education. Most of the professors have international practices. We offer language courses in the Faculty.
We have national and international accreditation validations. We created the path of the program by the help of international architectural chambers with strong and continuous communication, for the flexible and high quality education producing. We offer exchange programs to study at one of our partner institutes within the framework of the Erasmus or Study Abroad programs, we attend on international workshops, exhibitions. Our main building is fresh renewed. We have European level educational building. We work on with the projects with the students step by step. We believe in recycling! We like the nature! Students can develop their individual creative skills. After graduation Students can continue their studies in our doctoral program.
About the program:
This program trains students to apply their complex knowledge in the areas of architecture and urban planning, as well as in the multi-faceted field of environment formation in general (architectural design, town and country planning, preservation of built heritage, structural design, construction work, management and administration tasks, consulting with authorities, teaching, etc.) In addition, students are prepared for their professional planning license once they have gained the prerequisite practical experience as required by the relevant regulations. The final complex design project and the diploma design project are a summary, a synthesis of their studies and serve as a final assessment of their acquired knowledge. During training, studies are complemented by Scientific Students' Conference projects prepared with the co-operation of students and tutors (the latter also being in charge of supervising their work). Within the professional field of architecture, students acquire individual expertise in a specific field and can apply for admission to the DLA&PhD degree program based on their specialization. The DLA&PhD program operates within the framework of an accredited doctoral school at the institute.
During the first five-six semesters students are provided with the groundwork in both human artistic and real engineering fields, and during the remaining semesters they can acquire special knowledge closely related to their qualification - in this phase creative work and its final result, the completed work is dominant. The final complex design project and the diploma design project are a summary, a concentration of their studies and the final assessment of their acquired knowledge.
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
- Minimally CEFR B2 level language exam certificate (TOEFL/IELTS/Cambridge/ECL) less than 2 years old
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school. Applicants with previous studies from bachelor level etc. have the possibility to credit transfer (Applicants for all bachelor, and master programs) or Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of bachelor degree, with school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of completed curricula (Applicants for all master programs)*
- Europass CV in English
- The payment receipt of the application fee
- Medical Certificate
- Copy of the photo-page(s) of your passport
- Motivation letter
- Portfolio of works- in digital version**
- Recommendations, more documentation etc - optional
The Application Process
- We confirm the receipt of application materials via e-mail.
- The Assessment Board reviews and evaluates every application and makes a decision within 15 working days after receiving the application fee.
- Every applicant is informed of the decision of the Assessment Board immediately via e-mail.
- If the applicant meets the requirements and is informed of her/his acceptance s/he must then pay the tuition fee and send us the payment receipt.
- After receiving the tuition fee, the applicant will be provided with an official Acceptance letter with which s/he can contact the Hungarian Embassy and apply for a Visa.
*If the applicant has already obtained a university degree (a Bachelor degree in Architecture or relevant field) it is possible to apply for admission to the Master level part of the programme.
**About the portfolio:
- Architecture in 10 semesters: portfolio or collection of some creative works what are able to picture the creative-visual skills of the applicants (hand drawings, digital drawings, artistic photos or photos about travels, buildings, thoughts about the built environments etc.)
- Architecture as Applicants with earlier studies: please send a portfolio about projects, works - in digital version, in DVD, or download to a link.