DLA in Architecture / PhD in Architectural Engineering
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Application requirements
- More information
Doctor of Liberal Arts in Architecture / Doctor of Philosophy in Architectural Engineering
4 years (8 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: USD 3,500/sem.
Application fee: USD 100
Registration fee: -
The primary task of the Doctoral School is to provide educational programs of a high standard in accordance with the requirements of the Bologna system to those leading architects with an MSc or MA degree, as well as to those with an MA or MSc degree in an architecture-related field.
Program structure: see in the 'Doctoral School course program' on the website of the Doctoral School
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button, and start your application.
- Register on our application site, fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
Those Hungarian and foreign citizens can apply for the program who:
- already hold or in the year of admission are to obtain a university degree awarded to them by a Hungarian or foreign institute of higher education in the discipline or arts,
- performed independent creative work in the selected discipline or, for lack of this, continuously achieved outstanding results in planning/design subjects,
- have at least one intermediate level type 'C' (written and oral) state accredited language exam,
- present their previous theoretical and creative achievements in a portfolio.
Your application file should contain:
- Completed Application Form
- Certified and translated (English) copy of master degree, with transcript of records showing satisfactory completion of completed curricula
- Letter of motivation in English
- Curriculum Vitae in English and detailed publication list/ list of the most important art pieces in English
- Portfolio of works. Please, submit it digitally.*
- Draft about the planned research in Architecture or relative fields
- 2 passport size photographs (all programs)
- Copy of passport
- Statement or transcript confirming sufficient knowledge of English
- Payment receipt of the USD 100 application fee (the application fee is non-refundable)
- Recommendations, more documentation etc - optional
*about the portfolio:
Applicants for PhD/DLA programs - please send a portfolio about projects, works, build projects, architectural competitions, publications etc. (DVD, pdf, private website, blog etc.).
For more information, please contact: