Pharmacy in English
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Application requirements
- Examples of subjects during the studies
- More information
5 years (10 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: 5,200 USD for the first and 4,700 USD for the second semester + 250 Entrance exam fee
Application fee: USD 200
Registration fee: USD 220
The Academic Program offered by the Faculty of Pharmacy leads to the Pharmacy degree with a Pharm. D. title. This program extends over a period of five years (10 semesters). It begins with an introduction to the basic sciences providing a basis for further pharmaceutical studies. In the second part of the program, students take part in general and special pharmaceutical education at the university departments, teaching pharmacies, institutes, laboratories and pharmaceutical works.
The diploma program consists of five years of basic and special studies. The first two years are devoted to the basic sciences. The 3rd and 4th years specifically concentrate on the special pharmaceutical sciences. After the 2nd, 3rd and 4th years, students take part in practical training on three occasions, in public pharmacies or at a pharmaceutical company in Hungary or in their countries. In the 9th semester students must submit a written Thesis, and in the 10th semester they are engaged for 4 months in a practical training program in public and hospital pharmacies. After the practical training period, students take examinations in the presence of the State Board, where they have to prove their skills in pharmaceutical sciences (both practical and theoretical).
The Pharmacy diploma entitles the bearer to work in public and hospital pharmacies, laboratories, pharmaceutical works, pharmaceutical research institutes, international commercial trade of pharmaceuticals, and management of pharmaceutical materials.
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button, and start your application.
- Register on our application site, fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
- Signed application form with a passport-size photo.
- Copy of valid passport
- Europass CV in English
- High school diploma and transcript of grades (officially attested English translation)
- Payment receipts of the application/exam fee
Additional documents to be submitted in English/officially attested English translation:
- medical certificate
- chest X-ray (doctor's note, not the image)
- vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against Hepatitis B)
- HIV test result (not older than 3 months)
Ms. Lívia CSIDEI
Head of Admissions and English Student Services
Tel.: +36 72/ 536-018; +36 72/ 536-009; +36 72/ 536-001 ext. 31204
Fax: +36 72/ 536-110
Website: http://admissions.medschool.pte.hu/en/ and www.gytk.pte.hu
Admissions and English Student Service Center
University of Pécs
H-7624 Pécs, Szigeti út 12.