BA in Pedagogy (Intercultural Educational Assistant Specialisation)
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Application requirements
- Examples of subjects during the studies
- More information
Bachelor of Arts in Pedagogy: Intercultural Educational Specialist
3 years (6 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: EUR 2,500/sem.
Application fee: EUR 140
At the University of Pécs, Faculty of Humanities you may study pedagogy and intercultural education as a Single Honours degree. Our graduates develop the transferable skills and practical experience to pursue successful careers in counselling, community education, community development, education policy and research, international development, public administration, educational journalism, special education needs.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAMME
The aim of the programme is to train educational professionals, who understand that education is a process of human, cultural and social development that takes place in the family/at home, in communities, in schools and the workplace.
You will learn about key issues facing contemporary societies, such as multiculturalism, minorities, xenophobia, segregation and inclusion as well as about education in terms
of its sociological, psychological, historical and philosophical aspects.
You will be assisted in building key competences, such as critical thinking, problem solving, conflict management, cooperation, assertive communication, as well as developing an attitude of openness and respect towards people from other cultural backgrounds, an attitude of global mindedness, valuing human dignity and cultural diversity.
You will experience different teaching, learning and assessment methods including lectures,
seminars, individual tuition, group-based, co-operative activities and individual and small group research projects. Student-centered pedagogies foster respectful, attentive and emphatic communication and can improve reasoning and collaboration skills, as well as adaptability.
You will be offered a training module in Academic English in order to activate and extend your linguistic competences and to increase your confidence in using written and spoken English in professional situations. The courses of this module are designed to improve your academic vocabulary, reading and writing skills, listening and note-taking skills, speaking, discussion and presentation skills.
You will be equipped with both the academic knowledge and the relevant practical skills to build a career working with children, young people and adults in different institutional settings.
You will be able to contribute to the processes of learning, the development of individuals and groups in educational institutions, professional governmental and non-governmental organizations.
You will be ready to continue your studies at Masters level and to progress to carreers in teaching or adult education.
Skype interview for BA Pedagogy
The interview takes around 10-15 minutes. During this interview our colleagues are going to ask questions about your motivation and interests. The main goal of this discussion is to learn more about your language knowledge, personal skills and scientific interest – to be able to make the right decision to help our multicultural and open-minded community and academic integrity.
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button, and start your application.
- Register on our application site, fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
Admission for 2019/20 academic year
Round 1: non-European
May 1 - July 15, 2019
July 23, 2019
July 30, 2019
Round 2: EU citizens
May 8 - August 10, 2019
July 23, August 13, 2019
August 20, 2019
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Medical certificate, (please fill the document and attach the serologic test results)
- vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B)
- HEP A/B/C test*
- HIV test*
- Chest X-ray: Please attach the chest’s X-ray result (not the film!) in English/Hungarian! (not older than 3 months)
- Transfer receipt of the EUR 140 application fee
- Official copy of the following language exam certificates:
- Entrance Exam (personally or via Skype)
*Please note: tests have to be taken within a year!
If you have any questions about the programme, please contact:
Renáta Anna DEZSŐ PhD
Head of the program
If you have questions related to the application process or administrative staff, please contact:
Ms. Éva KOVÁCS-SAMU, Ms. Maria LAJOS
Phone: +36 72 501 500/24126