Personal Development Training
June 26 – June 28, 2017
Join our Personal Development training if you would like to learn about yourself, to be able to identify your strength and values, build and communicate your personal brand. The training will also help you improve your communication and debate skills and will teach you how to enter the job market successfully.
Today’s graduates are entering a highly competitive, at times discriminatory and generally uncertain labor market. Overall reform-resisting trends of secondary as well as higher education, and their mismatch with labor market needs, result in skill gaps that are blamed on the fresh graduates seeking employment. This course seeks to remedy these skill gaps, by offering students concrete self- , peer- and interpersonal management skills.
The course is for students who are looking to:
- learn about themselves, identify their strength and values
- build and communicate their personal brand
- improve their communication and debate skills
- learn how to enter the job market successfully
The participants will exit this course with:
- Increased self-esteem in everyday life and entering the labor market;
- Clear personal branding strategy;
- Improved public speaking, rhetoric and argumentation skills;
- Enhanced critical thinking ability;
- Conflict resolution & communication techniques.
- Polished and improved CV & cover letter
- Techniques for successful job interview
The course will help you analyze your skills and qualities and will give you a guideline for how to develop strategies and tactical action plans for personal and professional development and success.
On completion of the training you will be able to:
- present and sell yourself and your work
- handle difficult situations with greater certainty in your decisions
- compose an elevator pitch which can be used in an interview or in networking situations
- enter interview situations with a higher degree of confidence and preparedness
- stand out from the crowd, from your competitors on the labor market
Through case studies and interactive exercises you will gain a broader and deeper understanding of yourself, your own personality, strength and weaknesses and you will develop your own personal brand. You will learn how to communicate effectively, how to define and reach your goals, how to argue your standpoint with conviction. After the training you will return to your studies with newfound confidence and an action plan for your future success.
welcome party, night city tour, karaoke party
Who should apply
Undergraduate and graduate students
Earned credits: 3 ECTS credits
Language of instruction: English
Housing: Dormitory placement
Program fee: 99 EUR
Program fee includes:
course fee+ attendance on social programs, but does not include accommodation
Organizing unit: Centre for International Relations
Application deadline: 1 April, 2017
How to apply:
Please fill in the application form that you find here.