PhD in Regional Development
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Application requirements
- More information
PhD in Regional Development
4 semester educational period + the research period
Next starting date
Tuition fee: The tuition fee for the Program is EUR 12,500 - to be paid in installments in the following schedule: 1st semester: EUR 4,000 2nd semester: EUR 3,000 3rd semester: EUR 2,000 Doctoral examination: EUR 500 Doctoral procedure: EUR 3,000
Application fee: -
Registration fee: -
The PhD Programme in Regional Development is for professionals who have collected several years of experience in their field, working at national, regional and local levels of decision making or at think-tank organizations. The programme is designed to help students acquire the skills and knowledge necessary for writing good quality doctoral dissertations. It supports independent research by providing experienced faculty supervisors and professional feedback at dissertation seminars.
The duration of the program is four years: two years intensive studying and attending classes, and two years research. Classes are held in the first two years on a semester basis with two weeks’ intensive teaching period in each semester. After these two weeks, students have to work on the assignments to satisfy the requirements of the courses. Following the first two-year study period students can start their research after successfully passing a complex exam. This way the program combines the advantages of face-to-face education and distance learning. There are already successful PhD students with Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship who obtained the certificate.
The International PhD Program in Regional Development combines the advantages of contact-based and distance-based education drawing on the contribution of its recognized national and international faculty. The educational period consists of four semesters. During this period students should spend in each semester approximately 5 days on campus to attend and prepare for classes, consult with their research supervisors and continue their research.
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button, and start your application.
- Register on our application site, fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
Your application file should contain:
- Research Proposal (2-3 page long)
- CV in English
- Application Form
- Language Exam in English
- Official Copies of Degree Certificates plus certified translation in English
- Transcript of Records in English
- List of publications (if any)
- Four passport-size photographs