PhD in Chemistry
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Application requirements
- More information
Doctor of Philosophy in the field of Chemistry
4 years (8 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: EUR 3,000/sem.
Application fee: EUR 140
Registration fee: -
The Doctoral School of Chemistry offers a four-year training and research program in a wide range of fields in chemical sciences, Analytical Chemistry, Bioorganic Chemistry, Homogeneous Catalysis, Chemistry of Coordination Compounds, Electrochemistry, Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Separation Science. The chemistry program began in 1993 and since then the students have had access to all modern techniques, could take part in international scientific research programs, which leads the outstanding students to obtain a PhD degree upon complying with the requirements of their studies.
Graduation can be accomplished with two oral doctoral exams, presentation of original publications summarized in a written thesis, and the defense of the thesis (a PhD degree can be given to researchers with at least 3 internationally high level publications).
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button, and start your application.
- Register on our application site, fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
The applicant must hold a graduate degree (MSc) in chemistry, chemical engineering or pharmacy. and has to take an oral interview.
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
- Passport size photo
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Copy of University / College degree (in English or with official translation; the original hard copy must be shown after arrival)
- Transcript of previous studies
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Two letters of recommendation
- List of publications, if available
- Research plan (1-3 pages)
- Copy of language exam certificate
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- The payment receipt of the application fee
- Medical certificate, vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B) and HIV test
Applicants must meet the minimum language requirements to be able to start their studies in the Faculty of Sciences, University of Pécs. B2 level is a minimum requirement, which is equivalent to an intermediate command of English. (e.g.ELTS minimum 5.5; or TOEFL minimum 66 score).
Applicants who do not meet the minimum language requirements have to start their studies with an English Language Preparatory Program.