MA in German as a Minority Language and Literature (Deutsch als Minderheitensprache und -kultur)
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Application requirements
- Examples of subjects during the studies
- More information
Master of Arts in German as a Minority Language and Literature
2 years (4 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: EUR 1,500/sem.
Application fee: EUR 140
Registration fee: -
The goal of the degree program is to train experts who have sound general and special knowledge and understanding of the history, language, language use, literature, intellectual and material culture and identity of the German minority in Hungary and as well as considerable expertise in the German language, literature and culture. The program will also introduce students to the general legal, social and institutional conditions of minority life.
In addition - like in the MA degree program in German Studies - comprehensive knowledge will be provided in the following areas:
- The present and past of literary studies and linguistics
- Schools, trends and genres in the history of German literature
- The history of the German language
- Contact linguistics
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button, and start your application.
- Register on our application site, fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
- Copy of BA degree in German Studies recognised in the EU (including transcript of records)(official translation is needed)
- for students whose native language is not German a document certifying ECL C2 proficiency in the German language.
- Letter of motivation (introduction, plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport (page)or national ID
- Passport size photo
- Medical certificate, vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B) and HIV test
- Transfer receipt of the EUR 140 application fee
For more information, please contact:
For more information about the admission procedure, please contact:
Ms. Éva KOVÁCS-SAMU, Ms. Maria LAJOS
Phone: +36 72 501 500/24126