DLA in Architecture / PhD in Architectural Engineering
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- More information
Doctor of Liberal Arts in Architecture / Doctor of Philosophy in Architectural Engineering
4 years (8 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: USD 3,500/sem.
Application fee: USD 100
Registration fee: -
The primary task of the Doctoral School is to provide educational programs of a high standard in accordance with the requirements of the Bologna system to those leading architects with an MSc or MA degree, as well as to those with an MA or MSc degree in an architecture-related field.
Program structure: see in the 'Doctoral School course program' on the website of the Doctoral School
Those Hungarian and foreign citizens can apply for the program who:
- already hold or in the year of admission are to obtain a university degree awarded to them by a Hungarian or foreign institute of higher education in the discipline or arts,
- performed independent creative work in the selected discipline or, for lack of this, continuously achieved outstanding results in planning/design subjects,
- have at least one intermediate level type 'C' (written and oral) state accredited language exam,
- present their previous theoretical and creative achievements in a portfolio.
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
- Certified and translated (English) copy of master degree, with transcript of records showing satisfactory completion of completed curricula
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae in English and detailed publication list/ list of the most important art pieces in English
- Portfolio of works. Please, submit it digitally.*
- Draft about the planned research in Architecture or relative fields
- Passport size photographs
- Copy of the photo-page(s) of your passport
- Minimally CEFR B2 level language exam certificate (TOEFL/IELTS/Cambridge/ECL) less than 2 years old
- The payment receipt of the application fee
- Recommendations, more documentation etc - optional
*about the portfolio:
Applicants for PhD/DLA programs - please send a portfolio about projects, works, build projects, architectural competitions, publications etc. (DVD, pdf, private website, blog etc.).
The Application Process
- We confirm the receipt of application materials via e-mail.
- The Assessment Board reviews and evaluates every application and makes a decision within 15 working days after receiving the application fee.
- Every applicant is informed of the decision of the Assessment Board immediately via e-mail.
- If the applicant meets the requirements and is informed of her/his acceptance s/he must then pay the tuition fee and send us the payment receipt.
- After receiving the tuition fee, the applicant will be provided with an official Acceptance letter with which s/he can contact the Hungarian Embassy and apply for a Visa.
For more information, please contact: