Pollack Mihály Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology
Degree: Structural Engineer (MSc)
Duration of training: 3 semesters (full-time training)
Language of instruction: English
Head of the programme: Dr. Anikó CSÉBFALVI
Description of the programme:
The course is aimed at people who are interested in building- structure, it is open to structural engineers, architects and civil engineers with a bachelor degree or a degree in a related field of study. The programme is based on the Faculty’s research of structural science and aims to provide practical and theoretical training in structural engineering. The course content focuses on developing experimental technique skills and computer usage and reflects current trends in structural analysis and design. The training covers research methods for engineers, construction project management, numerical methods, etc. Optional modules are also offered in the field of structural engineering, such as design in steel and concrete, structures and geo-technics, geotechnical engineering.
1. Fill out the online application form at https://english.mik.pte.hu/application-step-by-step-1
2. Send application documents specified below to the Admissions Office (APPLICATION FORM CIVIL ENGINEERING, Admissions Office, Pollack Mihály Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology University of Pécs, H-7624 Pécs, Boszorkány u. 2., HUNGARY ) or in an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A/0. Completed Application Form ( https://english.mik.pte.hu/application-step-by-step-1)
B/1. Copy of the school leaving certificate ( Applicants for the bachelor program )
B/2. Record and transcripts of previous studies ( Applicants for the higher or master level course)
C/0. Letter of motivation in English containing information about schools attended, achievements, skills
D/0. Curriculum Vitae in English ( Applicants for all program )
E/0. Passport photo
F/0. Statement or transcript confirming sufficient knowledge in English
G/0. Recommendations, any other relevant documents (optional)
3. The Admissions Office must receive all required documents. After the documents are received a personal or on-line interview is arranged. The aim of the interview is to gain sufficient information about the applicant’s:-English language skills,-the engineering dimension,-communication skills.
4. "Accept" or "not accept" point. Applicants are informed in 3 days after the interview.
5. For applicants who have been accepted to the program the fee of the first semester is due to be paid prior to the commencement of the academic year (the full amount, or the first instalment – subject to a separate payment agreement).
6. The University of Pécs sends the Applicant the original "Decision of Admission" and other documents required for the immigration and visa procedure.
7. The academic year starts at the beginning of September.
Deadline for application: The Application period lasts from March to July.
The application procedure for the academic year beginning in September must be started until July 15. It means all of the documents below have to be completed and sent to the Admissions Office (by post or via e-mail).
“Application Form Civil Engineering”
Pollack Mihály Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology, University of Pécs
Boszorkány u. 2
Location of the education:
Institute of Building Construction
University of Pécs - Pollack Mihály Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology
Boszorkány u. 2, H-7624 Pécs, Hungary
|Admission examination||Deadline for application||Tuition fee||Application fee|
|Skype interview in English||July 15||USD 3300 per semester||USD 100|
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Gabriella MEDVEGY
Vice dean, Associate professor
Institute of Architecture, University of Pécs - Pollack Mihály Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology
+36 72 501 500/23769