What should I do if I get sick?

If you get sick (e.g. fever, flu, diarrhea, sore throat etc.) you will need to go to the university’s within opening hours. Always have your Hungarian health insurance card (with you to access free treatment (otherwise one meeting with the doctor costs HUF 2500). If necessary the GP may redirect you to a specialist for special treatment. Prescribed medicines can be bought at any pharmacies/drug stores with the prescription from the doctor.


General Practitioner (’Háziorvos’)

Dr. Ildikó RADVÁNYI (Mrs.), MD

Address: 7624 Pécs, Nyár utca 8.

Opening Hours

  • Monday: 8:30-16:00
  • Tuesday-Thursday: 8:00-16:00
  • Friday: 8:00-12:00, 13:00-15:00

Tel.: +36 72 507-520

If you fell sick outside the GP’s opening hours (weekdays: from 3 pm to 7.00 am; Saturdays, Sundays and on holydays: 0-24), you will need to go to the General Practitioner on duty at  - with similar symptoms described above.


In case you have serious illness or an accident (and you are able to get there your self), you also need to go to.


With dental issues first go to Veress Endre utca 2. ('Egyesített Egészségügyi Intézmények, III.sz. Rendelőintézet') with your Hungarian buddy and find out which dental district you belong to, then visit your designated dentist. Or visit the following website (in Hungarian):



Basic treatments are for free with your ’TAJ’ card and your address card, but more complex dental treatments are to be paid by the patient.


If you are in an emergency situation call 112, the toll free general emergency number in the European Union (Ambulance, Police, Fire Department).