PhD in Biology and Sport Biology
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Application requirements
- More information
Doctor of Philosophy in the field of Biology
4 years (8 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: EUR 3,000/sem.
Application fee: EUR 140
Registration fee: -
The Doctoral School of Biology and Spotbiology provides PhD studies in wide range fields of biology and sportbiology including genetics, microbiology, plant biology, ecology, regulatory biology, fitness, stress, sport and immune system. Excellently equipped laboratories are available in the biology departments and at the Szentágothai Research Center of UP, as well as at the Balaton Limnological Institute. By international contacts we give opportunity to our PhD students to mobility.
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button, and start your application.
- Register on our application site, fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
The applicant must hold a Master's degree (MSc) in a relevant field and has to take an oral interview.
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
- Passport size photo
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Copy of University / College degree (in English or with official translation; the original hard copy must be shown after arrival) and transcripts.
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Two letters of recommendation
- List of publications, if available
- Research plan (1-3 pages)
- Official copy of the language exam certificate
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- The payment receipt of the application fee
- Medical certificate, vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B) and HIV test
Applicants must meet the minimum language requirements to be able to start their studies in the Faculty of Sciences, University of Pécs. B2 level is a minimum requirement, which is equivalent to an intermediate command of English. (e.g.ELTS minimum 5.5; or TOEFL minimum 66 score).
Applicants who do not meet the minimum language requirements have to start their studies with an English Language Preparatory Program.