MA in German Language, Literature and Culture (Deutsche Sprache, Literatur und Kultur)
- Program overview
- Description of the program
- Application procedure
- Application requirements
- Examples of subjects during the studies
- More information
Master of Arts in German Literature
2 years (4 semesters)
Next starting date
Tuition fee: EUR 1,500/sem.
Application fee: EUR 140
Registration fee: -
The goal of the program is to provide students with thorough knowledge and skills in the following areas of German Studies:
- The present and past of literary studies and linguistics
- Old German literature (from the beginnings to 1700)
- The history of German literature from 1700 to the present day
- The history of the German language
- Text linguistics
- Contact linguistics
- Cultural and media studies
In addition, students can choose as an elective a linguistics or a literature and culture module in accordance with their main field of interest. The linguistics module includes courses on sociolinguistics, contrastive linguistics, language norms and conventions in the past and the present, varieties of German, etc. The Literature/and culture module offers courses on literary schools, trends, and genres in German literature, contemporary German literature, media studies and intercultural media theory, intercultural and intertextual interpretation of literature, etc.
For a successful application please follow the steps below:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button, and start your application.
- Register on our application site, fill the application form, upload the necessary documents and submit your application!
- After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive information on the further steps.
- If we received your application fee, we are going to start the evaluation of your application.
- Copy of the BA degree in German Studies recognised in the EU (including transcript of records)(official translation is needed)
- for students whose native language is not German a document certifying ECL C2 proficiency in the German language.
- Letter of motivation (introduction, plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport (page)or national ID
- Passport size photo
- Medical certificate, vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B) and HIV test
- Transfer receipt of the EUR 140 application fee
For more information on study matters, please contact:
Dr. Zsuzsa GERNER
Head of the Institute of German Studies
Phone: +36 72 501 574
For more information about the admission procedure, please contact:
Ms. Éva KOVÁCS-SAMU, Ms. Maria LAJOS
Phone: +36 72 501 500/24126