Faculty: Faculty of Humanities
Certificate: Postgraduate Certificate in Local Social Policy
Duration of training: 2 semesters
Language of instruction: English
Head of the programme: Dr. Gábor SZÖLLŐSI
Description of the programme:
The qualification obtained in this specialization is complementary to previous qualifications. Jobs and positions to be held are determined by the law in force. Professionals obtaining the certificate may utilize their competencies in the planning, maintenance and running of social services, in performing tasks in social administration and in areas of social work. Professional activities include work in public administration or local government administration, in state public services or in the for-profit/civil sector.
Knowledge and skills obtained in the study program have a broader relevance as well, e.g., in local government planning, implementation of local development programs and local activities of civil organizations.
Core areas of the training and the respective credits:
- Introductory courses:
- Regional inequalities in the society: in the settlements, in the micro-regions and among the micro-regions; internal segregation and migration, use of space and use of the institutions. 3 credits.
- Main issues of local government, public service, publics finance and public administration models in the European Union and in Hungary. 6 credits.
- Reflective thinking and practice. 6 credits
- Advanced courses:
- Financing, sources and source allocation of income transfers from the social security system, the national budget and the local governments. Special policy issues of the income transfers provided by the local governments. 3 credits.
- Types and characteristics of social services. Special policy issues in local and regional social services. 3 credits.
- Local social policy, social administration and social regulation. 3 credits.
- Local development programs, local and regional co-operations. 3 credits.
- Workshop, research and project work, reflective field practice and field seminar, reflective portfolio. 23 credits.
- Credits of thesis work: 10
- Candidates applying for admission to non-degree studies should possess degree qualification in either social science or humanities or health science
- Application form
- CV in English
- Transcript of academic record
- Receipt for payment of application fee
- Copy of passport
|Admission examination||Deadline for application||Tuition fee||Application fee|
|language test and motivation interview||July 30||EUR 1000 per semester||EUR 140|
For more information, please contact: