Faculty: Faculty of Humanities
Degree: Bachelor of Arts in Social Work
Duration of training: 3 years (6 semesters)
Language of instruction: English
Head of the programme: Prof. Dr. Gábor KELEMEN
Descripition of the programme:
Social professionals are employed in a variety of multi-professional settings; and support individuals, families and communities that experience difficulties in their lives. Our study programmes provide students with critical-reflective thinking skills necessary to understand the socio-cultural context of their work.
Bachelor of Social Work graduates are aware of the complexity and dynamics of social systems and human behaviour. They are committed to values and ethics of Social Work and act according to the principles of social justice. Social workers promote the development of democratic social relations and social integration. Major modules of the programme: Theory and Practice of Social Work, Social Policy, Sociology, Economics, Social Law and Administration, Psychology, Public Health, and Education. Students are required to spend the 7th semester on placement, depending on their personal interests and institutional possibilities.
- Application form
- High school diploma (including transcript of records)
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Medical certificate, vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B) and HIV test
- Transfer receipt of the EUR 140 application fee
- Official copy of the following language exam certificates:
- TOEFL (PBT paper-based): 517 points (www.ets.org/toefl)
- TOEFL (iBT internet-based): 66 points (www.ets.org/toefl)
- IELTS: Overall Band Score: 5.5 (www.ielts.org)
- Cambridge ESOL: B2 level (www.cambridgeenglish.org)
- TELC: B2 level (https://www.telc.net/en.html)
- ECL: B2 level (http://www.ecl-test.com/)
- Oxford Online Placement Test: 70 points (www.oxfordenglishtesting.com)
You do not have to submit an official English test result if one of the following criteria applies to you:
- You have a major/minor in English, i.e. the English language is the field of study (studies in English linguistics or literature), OR
- You have continued your undergraduate studies in the English language.
Please send the documents specified above to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send in all of the required documents. Incomplete applications will not be processed!
|Deadline for application||Tuition fee||Application fee|
|June 30||EUR 1700 per semester||EUR 140|
Bank details for application fee transfer
|Name of beneficiary||University of Pécs|
|Address of beneficiary||7622 Pécs, Vasvári P. u. 4., Hungary|
|Name of Bank||Magyar Államkincstár/Hungarian Treasury
(the intermediary bank is: Magyar Nemzeti Bank/ Central Bank of Hungary)
|Address of Bank||1054. Budapest, Hold u. 4.|
|Beneficiary’s IBAN||HU30 10024003-00282716-01110009|
|Comment field||EUR140 - PST250065, applicant’s name|
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Éva KOVÁCS-SAMU
Phone: +36 72 501 500/24126